Monday, June 13, 2011

Lollipop Sugar Cookies



This idea hit me at school today when a co-worker brought in some little lollipops to share.  I was going for the rainbow look, and I think I got pretty close.  I'm sure there are other great color combinations to play with.  I think these would make a great gift anytime.  All wrapped up in cellophane and tied with pretty ribbon. 

I decided to take some step-by-step pictures for this cookie because it was so fun and easy to make.  I just knew you'd want to try them too! 




Make some sugar cookie dough!  I use this recipe.  Tint the dough the colors of your choice.  I use Americolor food coloring.  You can find it at cake specialty stores, Hobby Lobby, and many places online.  I used Red Red, Electric Purple, Sky Blue, Electric Lime, and Lemon Yellow.  Knead the coloring into the dough.  Your hands will get colorful! 



Pinch a piece off each color and stack them up.



Roll it out into a snake and then twist. If your dough is getting too soft you may want to consider putting it in the fridge for a little bit.



Create the lollipop coil. 



Use an offset spatula to transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with some sugar and them put into the freezer for 5 minutes. The freezer will allow them to harden just enough to be able to insert the lollipop stick without deforming the perfect round shape.


Happy little lollipops ready to bake!



Let them cool and wrap them up!


5 comments:

  1. These are so awesome. I can see making these for my kids treat day wednesday. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fun to make! Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. Your cookies are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About how many cookies does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of sticks do you use so they don't burn in the oven?

    ReplyDelete